This two ½ day, 3-hour training provides an opportunity to develop professional helping skills. The foundation topics include developing basic helping skills, stages of the helping process, integration of Motivational Interviewing techniques, and transitioning through the phases of the psychiatric rehabilitation process utilizing engagement skills.
1. Define the helping relationship process and identify differences between professional helping and friendship.
2. Recognize and discuss basic helping skills.
3. List stages of the Helping and Psychiatric Rehabilitation Process.
4. Examine the Motivational Interviewing skills and techniques.
5. Discuss strategies to move transition through the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Process, Assessing, Planning, and Intervening.
CBH Permanent Supportive Housing
Participants must attend both training days and complete a course
evaluation through Survey Monkey in order to receive all credits.