This two, ½ day, 3-hour training provides an opportunity to develop professional helping skills. The foundation topics include developing basic helping skills, stages of the helping process, integration of Motivational Interviewing techniques, and transitioning through the phases of the psychiatric rehabilitation process utilizing engagement skills.
1. Define the helping relationship process and identify differences between professional helping and friendship.
2. Recognize and discuss basic helping skills.
3. List stages of the Helping and Psychiatric Rehabilitation Process.
4. Examine the Motivational Interviewing skills and techniques.
5. Discuss strategies to move transition through the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Process, Assessing, Planning, and Intervening.
Participants must attend the entire training and complete a course evaluation through Survey Monkey in order to receive CPRP credits. Survey Monkey evaluation to be provided to participants with links to training. Participants must complete survey in order for them to receive credits after the training. Participants must also indicate which credit type they would like on the evaluation and include their email address. The CPRP CEU’s can be obtained through PAPRS. SW & PCB credits are issued via BHTEN.