Understanding Intergenerational and Historical Trauma: The purpose of this presentation is to explore and discuss the impact of trauma through the lens of generational, historical, and intersectional perspectives. Participants will explore how these types of trauma impact public health issues as well as their impact on health equality. This course is Part 1 of a 2-part series.
Addressing the Legacy of Intergenerational and Historical Trauma: The purpose of this presentation is to continue with the discussion of historical and intergenerational trauma within the context of providing care for others. Learners will discuss how implicit bias and personal experiences can impact the provision of care. Strategies for lessening the impact of intergenerational/historical trauma and implicit bias will also be discussed. This is Part 2 of a 2-part series.
Day 1: Understanding Intergenerational and Historical Trauma
- Provide basic information about historical and generational trauma.
- Discuss the intersection between implicit bias and generational/historical trauma.
- Identify historically oppressed groups and the systemic implications of care and access.
Day 2: Addressing the Legacy of Intergenerational and Historical Trauma
- Learn and understand nuances and philosophies toward building awareness of implicit bias, such as cultural humility.
- Engage in activities which allow skill-building of previously learned philosophies and principles.
- Identify and incorporate beneficial interventions, assessments, and treatment modalities for managing implicit bias.
Behavioral Health Professionals
Participants must attend the entire session, participate in all activities, and submit an evaluation within 7 days of training to receive credits and a certificate. All CEU certificates and certificates of completion will be received through the DBHIDS Learning Hub. Once you have completed your evaluation you will have access to your ceu or certificate of completion through your DBHIDS Learning Hub account.
*Must attend day one in order to attend day two