Creating Welcoming and Affirming Services for Persons Who Are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, or Intersex (LGBTQI) is designed for anyone wishing to become more aware of some of the issues faced by persons represented in the LGBTQI initials. We explore the effects of language, culture, and power dynamics as well as examine our own attitudes, values and thinking that are conditioned by our own upbringing, acculturation, and knowledge. Our focus is on ways to become more welcoming and affirming to all persons who differ from us and to learn from them how to be helpful as part of a healing community of support.
- To gain an understanding of gender and gender identity
- To gain an understanding of sexual orientation
- To learn some common language used to describe various genders, gender identities and sexual orientations
- To learn the 6 basic steps of Gender Emergence
- To learn the 6 basic steps of coming out
- To identify at least 3 health disparities among LGBTQI+ individuals
- To identify at least 3 steps, to help create a more welcoming and affirming environment for LGBTQ individuals at my organization
CBH Permanent Supportive Housing
Participants must attend entire session, participate in all activities, and submit an evaluation within 7 days of training to receive credits and a certificate. All CEU certificates will be emailed to participants within 30 business days of training. Certificates of Attendance will be available to download from the Learning Hub once the evaluation is successfully submitted.