When Therapy Blows Up: Treating Therapy Interfering Behavior Across Modes in DBT is for individuals who have been practicing DBT individual psychotherapy and/or DBT skills training in the context of a comprehensive program. This training is designed to strengthen skills in keeping DBT adherent and treating the inevitable obstacles that occur in DBT individual psychotherapy, DBT skills training group, DBT coaching, DBT family interventions, and in our own consultation team.
- Lead Mindfulness practices
- Explain the rationale for four sessions of pre-treatment
- Describe the tasks when a client has life threatening
- Give the rationale for when clients may begin skills training group
- List the steps in the in-session dysfunctional behavior protocol
- Conduct effective homework review in skills training group
- Explain the protocol when a client has life threatening behavior during STG
- Increase use of commitment strategies during skills training group
- Discuss suicide risk assessment during a telephone consultation
- List ways to increase use of telephone consultation
- Describe effective ways to intervene during a suicide crisis
- Explain how to balance consultation to the client with environmental intervention when dealing with families in session and on calls training group
- Create Practices to move to towards therapy for the therapist
- Conduct a consultation team assess
- Create new targets for their consultation team
This training is intended for mental health practitioners who have been previously trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy and who are providing DBT individual psychotherapy as a part of a DBT comprehensive team. Trainers will not take time to orient to basic content of DBT.
Participants must attend the entire session, participate in all activities, and submit an evaluation within 7 days of training to receive credits and a certificate. All CE/CEU certificates and certificates of completion will be received through the DBHIDS Learning Hub. Once you have completed your evaluation you will have access to your CE/CEU or Certificate of Completion through your DBHIDS Learning Hub account.