Training will be broken up into four 3-hour increments on: February 1st - February 2nd and February 8th -February 9th. Each training date will be held from 9:00 am- 12:00 pm. Introduction into OPR provides an overview of the larger field of psychiatric rehabilitation. The foundation topics include PRS history, principles, values, documentation, types of programs, ethics, collaboration, practice competencies, and more. This training fulfills the licensure requirement that ALL staff in a psychiatric rehabilitation program must complete a 12 hour PRS orientation provided by an OMHSAS approved training vendor.
1. Describe the historical foundations of psychiatric rehabilitation.
2. Describe the shift from hospital –based services to the creation of a system of community based services and how Psychiatric Rehabilitation factors into the movement including theoretical frameworks that support Psychiatric Rehabilitation.
3. Compare and contrast the values of medical, psychiatric rehabilitation, and recovery perspectives.
4. Compare and contrast the approaches of support for people with mental health challenges and how collaboration can occur.
5. Compare and contrast the different approaches to delivering psychiatric rehabilitation services related to employment, education services, and housing.
6. Examine the role evidence based practices and best practices play in delivering culturally competent psychiatric rehabilitation services to support full community integration and inclusion.
7. Discuss the ways that legislation, regulation, and licensure affect the everyday activities and professional role domains of Psychiatric Rehabilitation.
Participants must attend all four training days and complete a course evaluation through Survey Monkey in order to receive CPRP credits. Survey Monkey evaluation to be provided to participants with links to training. Participants must complete survey in order for them to receive credits after the training. Participants must also indicate which credit type they would like on the evaluation and include their email address. The CPRP CEU’s can be obtained through PAPRS. SW & PCB credits are issued via BHTEN.