Child Adult Relationship Enhancement is a trauma-informed, field-initiated modification of specific positive parenting ideas, many of which are used in evidence-based parenting programs. PriCARE consists of a set of evidence-informed skills for relating and building relationships between adults (caregivers) and young children. The PriCARE booster training is designed to instruct and support mental health professionals trained in the PriCARE model in refreshing and advancing their acquisition and use of the PriCARE skills
By the end of this training participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of the 3 P (Praise, Paraphrase, and point Out) skills of PriCARE.
- Effectively coach caregivers in utilizing the 3Ps and strategic ignoring.
- Demonstrate inter-rater reliability coding 3 P skills.
- Demonstrate mastery of giving good command skills (via role play).
- Effectively coach caregivers in utilizing skills for giving good commands.
- Discuss strategies to manage barriers or challenges with implementing the PriCARE model in the real-world setting
Behavioral health clinicians who have previously completed the initial 4-day PriCARE training through the CBH/EPIC PACTS Training Initiative
Participants must attend entire presentation and complete a course evaluation in order to receive credits