Bullying and other forms of violence by and among young people are a major concern for all who work with youth. This half-day workshop will offer a solid introduction and foundation on bullying, including the current research and best practices for prevention and intervention.
As a result of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Define Bullying and list associated behaviors;
2. Outline short-term and long-term effects of Bullying;
3. Explain the connection between bullying and other forms of violence;
4. List the principles for effective intervention and prevention; and,
5. Cite the available resources for further information & intervention.
This workshop is intended for all those who work in the Children’s Audience: Behavioral Health System.
Participants must attend the entire session and complete an evaluation form in order to receive credit for this class.