PRIVATE- Invited participants only
This intermediate two day training is the initial process for therapists to learn to provide the Child and Family Traumatic Stress Intervention(CFTSI Model). Trainees will receive didactics, engage in role plays and group discussions in order to be the model. Training will continue with 6 months of twice monthly consultation calls and trainees using the CFTSI and presenting during those calls.
By the end of this two-day presentation, the participnat will be able to:
- Describe the rationale for early interventions to prevent PTSD
- Discuss the outcomes of the randomized effectiveness trial
- Discuss that CFTSI is also an assessment and engagement strategy
- Discuss the importance of meeting with the caregiver in the first session
- Describe the procedures for Sessions 1 and 2
- Practice the coping skill modules
- Identify how to select skill modules
- Discuss how to increase communication between caregivers and their child
- Describe how to enhance emotional support by the caregiver towards their children
- Discuss the CFTSI protocol
This intermediate level workshop is designed for clinicians working in agencies that belong to the PACTS network and that work with children and youth during the peri-traumatic period.
Participants must attend entire 2-day presentation and complete a course evaluation in order to receive credits