This interactive course addresses the impact of direct service work-related trauma on behavioral health and other human services staff. A theoretical framework is presented with methods for staff to assess any impact of trauma exposure on themselves and colleagues. Strategies for preventing and addressing trauma-exposure through staff building resilience are presented. A trauma-informed peer consultation model to support staff is discussed
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the nature of Trauma Exposure Response;
- Discuss assessing signs of vicarious traumatization;
- Identify strategies for coping with trauma-related responses and enhancing resilience;
- Examine a model of peer consultation that helps address vicarious traumatization.
- Describe how peer consultation is different than other staff meetings and groups
This course is designed for all levels of staff in behavioral health & other human services agencies
Participants must attend entire presentation and complete a course evaluation in order to receive credits.