This workshop presents evidenced based practices for assessment of psychological disorders, with a primary emphasis on assessment of trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Semi-structured interviews, disorder specific assessment measures, and patient self-report measures that are known to be highly reliable and valid for diagnosis will be reviewed.
- By the end of this presentation, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the different types of trauma
- Describe what common reactions to trauma generally are trauma’s impact for individuals/families/parents/community
- Outline the best practices for screening psychiatric disorders in general.
- Describe best practices for assessing trauma and PTSD
- Identify the most evidenced based assessment measures
- Discuss the relationship of PTSD to common comorbid problems
Providers from Intensive OutpatientPrograms, Outpatient Programs Intensive Case Management
- Psychologists, Social Workers, Counselors
- Clinical Supervisors/Program Managers
- ICM Adult Case managers
Participants must attend entire presentation and complete a course evaluation in order to receive credits