This one day, 6-hour training provides an opportunity to develop professional helping skills. The foundation topics include developing basic helping skills, stages of the helping process, integration of Motivational Interviewing techniques, and transitioning through the phases of the psychiatric rehabilitation process utilizing engagement skills
- Define the helping relationship process and identify differences between professional helping and friendship.
- Recognize and discuss basic helping skills.
- List stages of the Helping and Psychiatric Rehabilitation Process.
- Examine the Motivational Interviewing skills and techniques.
- Discuss strategies to move transition through the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Process, Assessing, Planning, and Intervening
This introductory level course is designed for individuals working with the Permanent Supported Housing Initiative in the city of Philadelphia. Registration for this course is by invitation only
Participants must attend the entire day of training and complete a course evaluation in order to receive credits.