This 6-hour course is designed to address every day ethical challenges in recovery oriented services. Ethical dilemmas put practitioners at risk to make unprofessional decisions that may negatively impact individuals served as well as jeopardize the integrity of the service system. Faced with increasingly demanding and complex situations, this institute will walk participants through an ethical decision-making process and the practical application of recovery oriented Codes of Ethics.
- Define ethics and boundaries
- Identify and describe key ethical principles
- Recognize common dilemmas in recovery oriented services
- Describe the process of ethical decision-making
- Apply Code of Ethics to sample scenarios
This introductory level course, is designed for individuals working with the Permanent Supported Housing Initiative in the city of Philadelphia. Registration for this course is by invitation only
Participants must attend the entire day of training and complete a course evaluation in order to receive credits.