The focus of the 2017 Faith and Spiritual Affairs Conference is “Empowering Families and Communities: Addressing the Opioid Epidemic.” The conference will provide workshops and poster presentations from some of the foremost authorities in the addiction field. Topics will include evidence based treatments, inclusion of spirituality as part of treatment, med management and family empowerment
- Employ enhanced clinical approaches to treatment in a variety of settings.
- Recognize issues that arise when treating individuals affected by addictions, physical health and mental illness.
- Identify treatment programs and services for individuals challenged with addiction.
- Describe new treatments in addiction medicine
- Understand the importance of including the family and community in treatment
- Recognize the continuum of DBHIDS behavioral health services in Philadelphia
- Understand how “Naloxone” is so successful in overdose reversal
- Define the interface between prescriptions for pain in the context of substance abuse disorders
- Describe the impact of Senate Bill 1164 was signed into law in late Sept. as Act 139 of 2014 affects Public Safety and the community.
- Provide at least two examples of how religion and faith play a big part in recovery
- Identify what are social determinates and how it affects physical health
Faith Community & Provider Agencies. Those with lived experience.
Participants must attend workshops, obtain room monitors signature on the verification form and complete a course evaluation in order to receive credits