Increasing Effectiveness in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)-Part I, II and III
# of CE's: 47
This is an Intermediate Level training . Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) was developed in the 1980’s and was published as a manualized evidence based treatment in 1993.This course is designed to further practice in the basic protocols of DBT, integrate the protocols into the strategies in DBT and to help participants to synthesize all of the disparate pieces of the treatment into cogent case formulations, with the goal of ensuring sustainable DBT teams, maintaining fidelity to the model, within DBHIDS
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe knowledge and skills needed to advance the basic protocols of DBT.
- Discuss implementation of integrated protocols and strategies into DBT treatment.
- Discuss the knowledge and skills needed to synthesize cogent case formulation.
- Describe the knowledge and skills needed to implement the new skills training manual on specific strategies in DBT treatment.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of core principles of DBT treatment.
Participants must attend entire presentation and complete course evaluations as required in order to receive credits.