This workshop will provide a refresher on the underlying theory and techniques of Prolonged Exposure Therapy and the principles of providing consultation to trainees in PE.
By the end of this presentation, the participant will be able to:
1. Provide a refresher review of the theory and techniques of PE
2. Review problems often encountered in choosing appropriate clients for PE, choosing index traumas, and creating in vivo hierarchies
3. Review the principles of providing PE consultation to trainees
4. Review difficulties consultants are experiencing engaging therapist trainees in conducting PE
5. Provide instruction in the importance of getting trainees through their first 2 cases in a timely manner to maximize learning benefit
6. Discuss techniques to deal with difficult trainees or clients.
Therapists trained in PE through the trauma initiative of CBH/DBHIDS.
Participants must attend entire presentation and complete a course evaluation in order to receive credits