This 4 session series is intended to support the system transformation goals of the Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disAbility Services. The overall goal of this series is to enhance skills of staff working with individuals living in independent residential settings (Permanent Supported Housing/PSH) with emphasis on supporting recovery and becoming trauma-informed. The orientation will provide an overview of the larger field of Mobile Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services (MPRS) and is intended to promote the professional development of participants. Specific concrete learning objectives have been developed for each session and will be addressed by the presenters during each session. In addition, the degree to which these objectives have been met will be assessed using standard evaluations.
By the end of the series, the participant will be able to:
- Identify Person-First support strategies for engaging individuals receiving Mobile Psychiatric Rehabilitation services
- Describe the utilization of evidence based practices within MPRS
- Describe the shift from hospital based services to the creation of a system of community based services and how Psychiatric Rehabilitation factors into the movement
- Discuss the benefit of integrating treatment and rehabilitation interventions
- Describe the different approaches to delivering MPRS relating to employment, education, and housing services.
- Identify how principles related to stages of change, motivation and trauma history can alter the quality of service
- Examine the role of best practices within the realm of MPRS documentation
This introductory level course, is designed for staff at all levels in behavioral health & other human agencies that conduct Mobile Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services. Those participating in the Permanent Supported Housing Program will be given first priority. CIRC staff will be given secondary admission preference.
Participants must attend entire series, participate in activities and complete a course evaluation for each session in order to receive credits.