The New Bullying 101: Trauma, Illness & Other Public Health Issues
Bullying and other forms of violence are a reality for our youth and a major concern for those who work with them, posing a serius public health issue. This half-day training will offer a solid introduction to bullying, with possible solutions to the problem.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- Cite current research on bullying, trauma & illness;
- Outline characteristics of targets and aggressors;
- Explain the connection between bullying and other forms of violence:
- List the principles of effective intervention and prevention; and,
- Cite further resources for information & intervention,.
This introductory level course, is designed for all professionals (behavioral health specialists, teachers, social workers, etc.) who work with young people. Parents are also welcomed.
Participants must attend entire presentation and complete a course evaluation in order to receive credits.