Childhood Trauma is arguably the most important Public Health issue in the City of Philadelphia. In our work to date, we have realized that agencies are at very different levels of proficiency and effectiveness when it comes to foundational Childhood Trauma concepts and implementation of Trauma Screening and Assessment. This workshop will provide clinicians with an overview of Trauma 101 and with the tools to integrate trauma focused assessment into their standard process.
- Participants will be able to apply trauma theory to their therapy with clients
- Participants will be able to describe the impact and pervasiveness of Childhood Trauma in the communities that they serve
- Participants will identify at least two (2) effective trauma screening and assessment tools
- Participants will discuss barriers and challenges to implementation of Trauma Screening and Assessment at their agencies
- Participants will identify strategies to build and maintain engagement during the Screening and Assessment process
PACTS clinicians and supervisors working with trauma impacted children and adolescents.
Participants must attend entire presentation and complete a course evaluation in order to receive credits.