This training presents Trauma Art Narrative TherapyTM (TANT) a creative narrative cognitive exposure technique. using non-interpretive drawing steps TANT is designed to help resolve trauma-based symptoms and behaviors so traumatized children and adults can move on to the next stop in their healing. The theory and principles of TANT, numerous case examples, recent research findings will be presented and an opportunity for a TANT experiential process. Participants will learn how to apply the TANT method for building resilience.
• describe trauma theory as it applies to TANT;
• list the steps of the TANT process;
• identify appropriate clinical situations in which to apply TANT with children and adults;
• describe the process of informed consent and how to consider the use of TANT with children, caregivers and parents;
• identify common problems which may arise when using TANT;
• describe the process of TANT after completing the experiential part of the training.
ONLY CLINICIANS HOLDING MASTER'S LEVEL OR HIGHER DEGREES MAY REGISTER FOR THIS TRAINING
Participants must attend entire presentation and complete a course evaluation in order to receive credits.