Trauma narration and cognitive and affective processing are 2 components of TF-CBT that are often very new to the trainee. The focus will be on these particular components both in terms of additional didactic presentation and discussion as well as to provide opportunities to see the trainer demonstrate the skills live in role plays and to subsequently practice in dyads with the ability of the trainer to provide feedback.
By the end of the presentation, the participant will be able to:
- Describe gradual exposure
- Describe trauma narration its purposes
- Discuss how to elicit a trauma narrative
- Describe cognitive and affective processing
- Discuss the purpose of cognitive and affective processing
- Discus how to utilize the skills of cognitive and affective processing
Target audience are trainees in all cohorts of PACTS TF-CBT training and consultation initiatives.
Participants must attend entire presentation and complete a course evaluation in order to receive credits