In this presentation, training participants will have opportunities to further develop and enhance their’ skills in implementing Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Using a combination of didactic lecture and experiential exercises (including role plays and small group discussions), training participants will focus on further deepening their clinical proficiencies in conducting the skills of gradual exposure, development of the trauma narrative, conducting cognitive processing of trauma-related distortions, and preparing the child and caregiver for the conjoint session in which the trauma narrative is shared.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
1. Describe techniques to help children create and discuss a narrative version of their traumatic experiences.
2. Identify techniques to conduct gradual exposure with children during the early skill-building components of TF-CBT, leading up to the creation of a narrative version of their traumatic experiences.
3. Participants will learn more advanced skills in how to identify children’s trauma-related cognitive distortions, help children reconsider their trauma-related cognitive distortions, and help children challenge and replace their trauma-related cognitive distortions.
4. Describe techniques for identifying children’s trauma-related cognitive distortions, helping children reconsider their trauma-related cognitive distortions, and helping children challenge and replace their trauma-related cognitive distortions.
5. Discuss preparation of the caregiver for the conjoint session in which the narrative version of the child’s traumatic experiences is shared.
6. Describe two strategies to most effectively respond to client crises of the week while remaining trauma-focused.
7. Discuss vicarious trauma and the factors that contribute to its impact.
This training is only for invited PACTS providers who have completed TF-CBT training.
Participants must attend entire session, participate in all activities, and submit an evaluation within 7 days of training to receive credits and a certificate. All certificates will be emailed to participants within 30 business days of training.