Workshop will provide intensive instruction in the use of Prolonged Exposure Therapy for survivors of trauma, covering the basics of all components of PE and how to modify PE procedures in order to tailor the treatment to the client’s response to exposure. Maintaining focus on treatment of PTSD while maintaining flexibility in following the manual will be emphasized. Lecture, discussion, videotaped therapy sessions, and participant role plays with feedback from trainers are also used.
- Describe the basic techniques of PE to treat PTSD
- Explain the theory underlying and the empirical support for PE
- Discuss excerpts from videotaped sessions conducted by experts to illustrate how to use PE
- Practice the techniques of PE under expert guidance
- Analyze and discuss when and how to implement PE
Eligible CBH Network Provider Clinicians (Master’s Level, Licensed or License Eligible)
Evaluation to be completed for attendance certificate to be sent