This introductory Tier II workshop is for Health and Human Services professionals to learn about the dynamics of Intimate Partner Violence (IPV), how these dynamics could affect individuals’ access and compliance with services, and which trauma-informed strategies professionals could use to support people who are being abused by their partners.
1) Identify at least four examples of abusive behaviors and how they can affect individuals and families;
2) Explain four barriers or reasons for not ending an abusive relationship;
3) Recognize four ways in which the abuse could affect the survivor and their ability to access mental health and housing services;
4) Explain three trauma-informed strategies to support survivors of intimate partner violence; and
5) List at least three specific services for victims/survivors of IPV in Philadelphia.
DBHIdS and OHS staff and providers, behavioral health service provider staff, and other human services and community based organization staff
Attend full session, complete evaluation and assessment; active participation in class