(Webinar) MI Plus: Intimacy and Sexuality
# of CE's: 3.5
0.4 IACET CE's
This MI informed web-based training emphasizes the universal importance of intimacy and sexuality and highlights a systematic path forward toward developing capacity to have productive conversations about these topics with persons with mental health conditions. Guided by the recovery framework and Motivational Interviewing (MI), this training contains experiential exercises designed to build knowledge and clinical skills that, though specific to conversations about intimacy and sexuality, can extend broadly to other important topical areas in practice.
- Describe the “spirit” of Motivational Interviewing;
- Practice introductory techniques used in Motivational Interviewing;
- Discuss how Motivational Interviewing (MI) could be used with persons in various contexts and in short-term counseling.
- Gain familiarity with concepts/terminology related to gender and sexuality for person-centered conversations
- Describe the importance of sexuality and intimacy to include persons living with mental health conditions
- Conceptualize potential “next steps” toward developing proficiency in MI.
This workshop is designed for persons who work with individuals living with behavioral health conditions and includes but is not limited to psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, therapists, and residential providers
Participants must attend entire session, participate in all activities, and submit an evaluation within 7 days of training to receive credits and a certificate. All certificates will be emailed to participants within 30 business days of training.