6 Session Webinar: Special Topics in Dialectical Behavior Therapy: Substance Abuse, Coaching, and Team is for individuals who have been practicing DBT Individual Psychotherapy and/or DBT Skills Training in the context of a comprehensive program. It will build upon existing skills to effectively treat substance use behaviors, as well as practice and problem-solve issues with coaching.
By the end of this 6-session synchronous webinar participants will be able to:
• Demonstrate the DBT Skills for Substance Abuse.
• Develop a treatment plan for a DBT SUD client.
• Apply the DBT interventions for substance abuse.
• Demonstrate coaching for clients, family members and for suicide crisis behaviors.
• Assess the DBT program’s consultation team.
• Describe the interventions used on a DBT consultation team.
This training is designed for anyone with experience with individual psychotherapy in DBT or skills training. It will assume a strong baseline knowledge of the structure and components of treatment. Trainers will not take time to orient to basic content of DBT. Because there will be substantial time spent on assessing DBT Consultation Teams and their functioning, priority will be given to participants who are coming with team members.
Attendance to all 6 sessions, complete evaluation and assessment; active participation in class.