The Behavioral Health Training Specialist is responsible for planning and implementing education events related to the treatment, service provision and recovery of people with behavioral health issues. This Training Specialist will utilize various skills and knowledge to provide trainings to staff working with persons who have substance use and/or mental health diagnoses. The Behavioral Health Training Specialist will also be expected to teach within his/her areas of expertise. The Training Specialist will use his/her knowledge of the structure and function of the Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disAbilities Services (DBHIDS), including the Office of Mental Health (OMH), the Office of Addiction Services (OAS) and the Community Behavioral Health (CBH), to facilitate group processes associated with adult continuing education. More specifically, duties included in this position are, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Identifying training needs/ conducting focus groups including system transformation activities as defined by DBHIDS
- Teaching, facilitating and providing supportive activities
- Willingness to learn and use basic online training formats
- Working with other BHTEN staff members involved in planning and implementing conferences
- Providing technical assistance to various behavioral health constituents
- Working with and providing training for identified community groups (e.g. non-professional).
- Being knowledgeable of and complying with various continuing education regulations and criteria
- Annual training calendar planning
- Any duties that may be assigned by the Program Director and/or the designee
- An ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a knowledge of group processes
The Behavioral Health Training Specialist position is supervised by the Program Director of the Behavioral Health Training and Education Network or, in the Program Director’s absence, the BHTEN Associate Director.
In addition to being a member of the BHTEN team, the Behavioral Health Training Specialist will be expected to:
- Attend BHTEN Staff Meetings
- Attend System Transformation activities as directed by DBHIDS
- Conference planning meetings as assigned
- Attend other meetings and events as needed
- Must have at least a Master’s degree with a strong clinical background; preference will be given to those candidates with an LSW, MSN, CPRP, etc.
- Must have experience writing or presenting and/or facilitating presentation of educational materials
- Must have the ability to learn and then independently use common presentation technology, including basic online presentation formats.
- Must be willing to learn about the principles and methodology of recovery
- Must be able to work 37.5 hours per week
- Travel within and occasionally outside of Philadelphia
The Consumer Satisfaction Team offers a starting annual salary of $53,000 - to $55,000 (depending on education, qualifications and experience) plus a comprehensive benefit package.
The Consumer Satisfaction Team is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit a CV or resume and a cover letter, email Dennis Fisher, Program Director at:
firstname.lastname@example.org either as an MS Word document or as a pdf document.