The Behavioral Health Training & Education Network
(A Division of The Consumer Satisfaction Team, Inc.)
Job Posting: LMS Administrator
The LMS Administrator provides technical leadership in support of BHTEN’s Learning Management System (LMS). This position is responsible for the support, design, development, implementation, delivery and maintenance of content, assets, and other resources used for instructional functions. The LMS administrator is also responsible for administration and maintenance of the BHTEN website. The LMS Administrator will use his/her knowledge of social media to professionally enhance the marketing and awareness of BHTEN events.
The LMS Administrator must have a solid understanding of the principles of adult learning and, in addition, knowledge about instructional design and software used to create web-based learning content. The LMS Administrator must be able to balance the demands of multiple projects.
Maintain content within the LMS by creating and uploading modules and courses, granting access and role-based user permissions, updating course content, and running reports. o Recognize and resolve the issues that may appear when it comes to course design, its configuration or infrastructure.
- Provide LMS technical support to end users.
- Support the BHTEN staff to use the LMS, content authoring software (i.e. Articulate Storyline) and virtual classroom tools.
- Manage website content including ongoing updates and other website enhancements.
- Collaborate with BHTEN registrar around the marketing of BHTEN educational and community events.
- Act as liaison and coordinator between BHTEN staff and independent web development contractors, and other instructional technology vendors in planning, designing and implementing web-based infrastructure.
- Develop technology infrastructure and capabilities to support a range of virtual training content development including webinars, virtual classroom, eLearning and blended learning.
- The LMS Administrator position also works closely with the DBHIDS Director of Training and Education.
- Any duties that may be assigned by the Program Director and/or designee.
- Excellent data management skills and ability to analyze complex and multifaceted data sets
- Knowledge in online instructional design techniques to develop effective training materials and technology
- Knowledge relating to learning management system administration
- Knowledge relating to website management, social media, and other web-based marketing strategies
- Working knowledge of multiple web design technologies o Proven project management, technical writing and digital content management experience o HTML and CSS Editing
- Ability to model and teach others how to use new systems
- Ability to act as an intermediary between BHTEN staff and independent web development contractors
- Good interpersonal skills and a knowledge of group processes and ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
The LMS Administrator position is supervised by the BHTEN Program Director.
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as an LMS administrator or similar experience.
- Experience using content development software such as Articulate Storyline is required.
- Technical skills, including troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- HTML and CSS editing experience is preferred.
- Background in behavioral health is preferred, though other health care service experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of and experience with the provision of CEUs is preferred.
- Must be willing to learn about the principles and methodology of recovery.
- Must be able to work 37.5 hours per week.
- Must have the ability to telecommute.
- Travel within and some travel outside of Philadelphia County.
Sitting or standing for a minimum of two (2) hours. Bending, pushing, moving and lifting objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate office equipment, reaching to retrieve and maintain files, hearing and speaking to exchange information.
The Consumer Satisfaction Team is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested applicants should submit a CV or resume and a cover letter to Abigail Pol, Program Director, at: email@example.com.