Job Posting for Organizational Development Training Specialist
The Organizational Development Training Specialist is responsible for planning and implementing education events related to organizational development, change management, and leadership. This Training Specialist will utilize various skills and knowledge to provide trainings to staff and administrators responsible for implementing and providing oversight of behavioral health programs. The Organizational Development Training Specialist will also be expected to teach within his/her areas of expertise. The Training Specialist will use his/her knowledge of the structure and function of the Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disAbilities Services (DBHIDS) to facilitate group processes associated with adult continuing education.
- Identify training needs/conduct focus groups to inform the DBHIDS training system
- Develop educational material on topics identified by system needs
- Teach, facilitate and provide supportive activities
- Learn and utilize basic online training formats
- Provide technical assistance to various behavioral health constituents
- Work with and provide training for identified community groups
- Being knowledgeable of and comply with various continuing education regulations and criteria
- Stay current with research findings and literature related to area of expertise and other areas as needed
- Participate in annual training calendar planning
- Additional duties that may be assigned by the Program Director and/or the designee
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to develop training programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a knowledge of group processes
The Organizational Development Training Specialist position is supervised by the Program Director of the Behavioral Health Training and Education Network.
- Must have at least a Master’s degree with a background in organizational development and/or change management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a behavioral health setting.
- Must have experience writing, presenting, and/or facilitating presentation of educational materials
- Must have the ability to learn and independently use common presentation technology, including basic online presentation formats.
- Must be willing to learn about the principles and methodology of recovery and resilience
- Must be able to work 37.5 hours per week
- Travel within and occasionally outside of Philadelphia
Sitting or standing for a minimum of two (2) hours. Bending, pushing, moving and lifting objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate office equipment, reaching to retrieve and maintain files, hearing and speaking to exchange information.
The Consumer Satisfaction Team is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested applicants should submit a CV or resume and a cover letter to Abigail Pol, Program Director, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.