Effective, July 1, 2018 our substance use disorder (SUD) system began to transition from the Pennsylvania Client Placement Criteria (PCPC) to the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Criteria, per a mandate from the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs (DDAP). As a result of the mandate, DBHIDS partnered with The Change Companies to provide e-learning modules to identified internal staff and our provider network.
As we continue to transition from the PCPC to the ASAM, we did not want to omit staff who did not conduct assessments but needed to be aware of the ASAM Criteria and the various levels of care.
Upon completing the 2 e-learning modules, it is our hope that non-clinical staff will be more familiar with the ASAM criteria and be able to support the various activities that involve the ASAM Criteria. We selected these e-learning modules because there was not a “one size fits all” training for the various positions that could benefit from a comprehensive overview of the ASAM Criteria.
*These courses do not fulfill the DDAP requirement for being able to conduct the ASAM.
Before requesting access to the ASAM e-learning modules, there are a few basic technical requirements and a “Quick Test” that your system must meet to ensure compatibility.
Basic Technical Requirements:
In order to participate in eTraining modules offered by The Change Companies®, please review the following list to make sure you have...
- A recent computer model capable of running either Windows or Macintosh.
- Speakers or headphones to hear the audio presentation.
- A mouse and keyboard hooked up to your computer.
- A high-speed Internet connection (DSL or cable recommended).
- Adobe Flash Player. You can download it by clicking this link: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Enabled “cookies” in the Internet browser you will be using.
The latest web browser of your choice. Click on the links below to download the latest versions
- Google Chrome - https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/
- Firefox - http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
- Internet Explorer - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/products/ie/home
- Safari - http://www.apple.com/safari/download/
To quickly determine if your computer is currently capable of at least playing these eTraining modules (remember, you will still need to be sure you meet the other requirements), follow these steps:
- Click on this link: www.changecompanies.net/elearning
- Choose any of the new courses shown on screen, then click on the button that says “View Sample.”
- Lastly, the modules use “cookies” to save progress. Learners must use the same computer to complete the modules. If the same computer is not used, the learner will run the risk of having to start the module from the beginning.
To request access to ASAM e-learning modules, Click here
To learn more about e-learning module 1, Click here
To learn more about e-learning module 2, Click here