This session runs from 9:00 AM - 12:15 PM. Registration begins at 8:00 AM.
BHTEN training is held on the 7th floor of 520 N. Delaware Ave, at the corner of Spring Garden and Delaware. The entrance is on Spring Garden St.
About This Course
Bullying and other forms of violence by and among young people are a major concern for all who work with youth. In this age of technological advancement, bullying through and by the electronic media is becoming a reality for our youth. This 3-hour training will offer a solid introduction to this type of bullying behavior, including the current research and best practices for prevention and intervention. There are no prerequisites for this program.
As a result of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Cite the current research on the trends and behaviors of youth via electronic communication
- Explore the on-line risks and dangerous communities impacting youth
- Explore the phenomenon of “sexting” and other illegal forms of electronic speech
- Identify cyber bullying, its effect on youth, and strategies for intervention and prevention
- List the legal boundaries of electronic speech, and the consequences of violating those boundaries
This workshop is intended for all those who work in the Children's Behavioral Health System
PLEASE NOTE: Arriving late or leaving the training early will affect the number of credits earned.