This session runs from 9:00 AM - 12:15 PM. Registration begins at 8:00 AM.
About This Course
This will be an interactive training in which participants will be able to explore and discuss the roots of abusive behaviors, the motivations for change, and strategies to challenge and support individuals who have been harming their partners and children
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the role of biology and gender socialization in the development of abusive patterns
- Identify differences among people who act abusively
- Recognize the internal process of someone who discloses abusive behavior
- Describe appropriate strategies to support someone who has been acting abusively
- Identify and discuss their own reactions to working with people who act abusively
DBH and OHS Staff
Participants must attend entire presentation and complete a course evaluation in order to receive credits.