This session runs from 9:00 AM - 12:15 PM. Registration begins at 830 AM.
About This Course
This introductory level training workshop is for Health and Human Service professionals. It is about the dynamics of Intimate Partner Violence (IPV), how these dynamics could affect individual’s access and compliance with services, and what trauma-informed strategies professionals could use to support people who are being abused by their partners.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify at least four examples of abusive behaviors and how they can affect individuals and families
- Explain four barriers or reasons for not ending an abusive relationship
- Recognize four ways in which the abuse could affect the survivor and their ability to access mental health and housing services
- Explain three trauma-informed strategies to support victims/survivors of intimate partner violence
- List at least three specific services for victims/survivors of IPV in Philadelphia
BH and OHS Staff
Participants must attend entire presentation and complete a course evaluation in order to receive credits.