*EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION
*Register by March 31, 2019 and receive the Early Bird price of $50.00
(Regular Price $75.00 as of April 1, 2019)
This session runs from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM. Registration begins at 7:30 AM.
CBH 801 Market Street 11th floor Phila. Pa 19107
About This Course
This daylong conference covers seminal questions related to community approaches to handling hoarding-related situations. Hoarding disorder is a new psychiatric diagnosis that affects around 15 million people in the United States and poses a significant mental health and public safety burden to people across the country. The purpose of the conference is to inform the target audience of these critical issues facing individuals, families, and communities, and present a variety of options for ethical, effective, and sustainable approaches to treatment
- Differentiate hoarding disorder as mental health diagnosis from collecting, clutter, and other nuisance behaviors
- Summarize the problems encountered by individuals families who experience hoarding disorder;
- Summarize the problems experienced by professionals and communities related to hoarding issues;
- List effective techniques for handling hoarding situations in personal and professional domains;
- Understand a clinical approach to hoarding disorder to include motivational interviewing, trauma focused CBT, and exposure therapy;
- Learn about legal issues and advocacy related to hoarding disorder;
- Learn about other safety related concerns pertaining to Hoarding Disorder and what to do about them.
Community grassroot Provider agencies
Participants must attend full day of training and complete a course evaluation in order to receive credits