This session runs from 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM. Registration begins at 8:00 AM.
BHTEN training is held on the 7th floor of 520 N. Delaware Ave, at the corner of Spring Garden and Delaware. The entrance is on Spring Garden St.
About This Course
This introductory course provides practitioners with basic information about the impact of childhood abuse/violence and trauma on adults. Trauma-informed strategies for interacting with and supporting persons impacted by trauma are presented, emphasizing safety, resilience and collaboration.
- Discuss the impact of childhood abuse and trauma in individuals’ lives;
- Describe the physiological impact that traumatic stress can have;
- List procedures, practices and environmental factors in behavioral health treatment and service settings that can inadvertently re-traumatize individuals;
- Summarize basic principles & elements of trauma-informed behavioral health practice;
- Discuss trauma-informed strategies that can be used by individual behavioral health staff.
The course is designed for staff at all levels in behavioral health and other human servicesParticipants must attend entire presentation and complete a course evaluation in order to receive credits.
Participants must attend entire presentation and complete a course evaluation in order to receive credits.