This session runs from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
YOU WILL RECEIVE THE LINK TO THE WEBINAR ON SEPTEMBER 9, 2020
IF YOU DON'T RECEIVE THE LINK THE DAY PRIOR TO THE WEBINAR, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM. IF THE LINK IS IN YOUR SPAM PLEASE SELECT "NOT SPAM" SO THAT FUTURE LINKS WILL GO DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX
About This Course
This webinar will cover Stages of Change theory, and how it applies to behavioral change in ourselves and others. We will also introduce the principles and basic techniques of Motivational Interviewing (MI), which is an evidence-based and client-centered approach for enhancing motivation and commitment to behavioral change. Through a combination of participatory exercises, illustrative videos and lecture, participants will learn the building blocks of effective MI counseling. Particular attention will be paid to strategies for helping people who appear to be “stuck” and/or “resistant” to change.
• List and describe the Stages of Change
• Identify service strategies that are appropriate to each of the Stages
• Discuss alternative ways to respond to people who are “resistant” or “stuck”
• Identify and begin to practice some of interaction techniques of MI
• Define reflective listening and its use in providing recovery-oriented support
Attend full session, complete evaluation and assessment; active participation in class
As an IACET Accredited Provider, BHTEN offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. BHTEN is authorized by IACET to offer CEUs for this program.
( 0.3 CEU = 3 Training Hours)