This session runs from 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
YOU WILL RECEIVE THE LINK TO THE WEBINAR ON SEPTEMBER 15, 2020
IF YOU DON'T RECEIVE THE LINK THE DAY PRIOR TO THE WEBINAR, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM. IF THE LINK IS IN YOUR SPAM PLEASE SELECT "NOT SPAM" SO THAT FUTURE LINKS WILL GO DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX
About This Course
This MI informed web-based training emphasizes the universal importance of intimacy and sexuality and highlights a systematic path forward toward developing capacity to have productive conversations about these topics with persons with mental health conditions. Guided by the recovery framework and Motivational Interviewing (MI), this training contains experiential exercises designed to build knowledge and clinical skills that, though specific to conversations about intimacy and sexuality, can extend broadly to other important topical areas in practice.
1. Describe the “spirit” of Motivational Interviewing;
2. Practice introductory techniques used in Motivational Interviewing;
3. Discuss how Motivational Interviewing (MI) could be used with persons in various contexts and in short-term counseling.
4. Gain familiarity with concepts/terminology related to gender and sexuality for person-centered conversations
5. Describe the importance of sexuality and intimacy to include persons living with mental health conditions
6. Conceptualize potential “next steps” toward developing proficiency in MI.
Attend full session, complete evaluation and assessment; active participation in class
No credits being offered.