(IN-PERSON) LGBTQ+ Intimate Partner Violence (IPV)
***Participants should complete Tier I e-learning “IPV Overview” and Tier II course “IPV for Health and Human Services Professionals” prior to attending this training. Participants should also complete “LGBTQIA+ Fundamentals” prior to attending this training.
CE Type: CPRP, IACET, APA # of CE's: 3.0 CE's 0.3 IACET CE's
LOCATION: BHTEN Office - 520 N Delaware Ave, 7th Floor, Philadelphia PA 19123
- BHTEN has implemented a touchless sign in process for all in-person training. Each participant of in-person training will receive a personalized email from Thundertix software with your personalized QR code or bar scan for use on the kiosk.
- You have the option to use your smartphone QR code and bar scan or print out a hard copy of your QR code and bar scan for entrance.
- On the day of training please bring your personalized QR code or bar scan with you on your smartphone or hard copy for quick and speedy access to your training session.
About This Course
In LGBTQ+ IPV, participants will build upon their existing knowledge of queer and trans identity to better support LGBTQIA+ survivors of sexual and domestic violence. Participants will discover how interpersonal violence impacts the queer and trans community and learn how homophobia and transphobia affects IPV tactics and barriers to care. As folks work through the material, they will discover best practices for serving LGBTQIA+ survivors of interpersonal violence. Participants will discuss how to support queer and trans survivors through dynamic case scenarios where they will practice LGBTQIA+ competent responses to disclosures of IPV from queer and trans folks.
- Identify the impact of interpersonal violence on the LGBTQ+ community.
- Discover how homophobia, transphobia, and biphobia affect IPV tactics and barriers to care.
- Discover best practices for serving LGBTQ+ survivors of interpersonal violence.
- Practice LGBTQ+ competent responses to disclosures of interpersonal violence from queer and trans folks.
Health and human service providers across disciplines, including but not limited to IPV/DV/SV service providers, behavioral health providers, and housing service providers.
Participants must attend the entire session, participate in all activities, and submit an evaluation within the 7 days of training to receive credits and a certificate. All CEU certificates and certificates of attendance will be received through the DBHIDS Learning Hub. Once you have completed your evaluation you will have access to your CEU or Certificate of Attendance through your DBHIDS Learning Hub Account.
BHTEN is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, BHTEN offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. BHTEN is authorized by IACET to offer CEUs for this program.
(0.3 CEU = 3.0 Training Hours)
3.0 CE credit hours for Psychologists awarded. BHTEN is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. BHTEN maintains responsibility for this program and its content
The Behavioral Health Training & Education Network (BHTEN), provider #4158280, is approved by Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association (PRA) to provide continuing education to Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioners (CPRPs) and CPRP candidates.
This activity is approved for a maximum of 3.0 contact hours of continuing education in psychiatric rehabilitation and recovery in the following CPRP Focus Domain(s): ## - DOMAIN TITLE. CPRPs and CPRP candidates should only claim credit commensurate with their participation in the activity